Thursday, October 10, 2013

Been There, Done That, Loved It!

Yes, I'm sure we can all say that at some point in our lives about a particular situation or mine is been there, done that, and got a t-shirt.

Well this is specifically related to Proverbs 31 Ministries Online Bible Studies or P31 OBS, for short. I just recently completed a study with the book What Happens When Women Say Yes to God. I was a little unsure because of my time commitment having two children, both under 2 at the time, working on the drama team with my husband, working full-time, and all of life's duties.

God helped me get up early, stay committed, and complete the study. Saying I loved it is not a big enough statement. During this study, I received direction for a volunteer opportunity I was considering, saw a direct miracle of God's protective hand on our 3 month old son and saw God move in a specific ministry I'm involved in at church.

These are just snippets of all I learned, read, absorbed, and saw since beginning that study. I'm not saying your experience will be the same. However, if you won't know until you try it. Please consider joining an OBS and see more information here. The next one is starting this weekend and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me to learn.

3 comments:

  1. Melissa I enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for sharing your heart. I like you learned to get up earlier and do my study in the morning and like you I have been so blessed and this is my 6th study. He gave me the one word of LESS this year - more of Him, less of me. Debbie W. (OBS Facebook Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found OBS. Awesome that God used Say Yes to open you up to new opportunities. Praying He'll continue to bless you.
    Lauren, P31 OBS Blog Hop Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I find it very encouraging that you were given direction concerning the volunteer opportunity. Also, I love the blue/striped blanket. Keep up the good work! I'm starting the Confident Heart OBS - it's my first one so I'm excited about it. Nancy

    ReplyDelete