Friday, June 22, 2012

Baby Blanket #5

Well, here it is, baby blanket number 5. I absolutely loved the way this one turned out. The stripes were amazing. It was one of the larger ones I've done about 36 x 40 but at least the little one can grow with it once he arrives. The pattern for the blanket is found here. I have used this several times and love the versatility of it.
God has really laid on my heart to make blankets for newborns so I have been in touch with a local nonprofit and have started making those. Hopefully I can master baby hats and other things to go along with the blankets but for now blankets will be the focus. I have discovered a new tool via the website above about a stripe creating program where you choose your colors, select the rows per each color, and then how many rows you want to do total. It lays out the possibilities. AMAZING and so addictive. The tool can be found here. With this tool, I created a beautiful shell stripe pattern for my first baby blanket of pink, purple, and antique white. Then I will be doing a boys' striped blanket in pastel green, light blue, and pale yellow. Oh, before I forget I must let you know that the mystery pattern has been solved. It is the Star Quilt Afghan from McCall's circa 1984. Still working on getting that pattern and finishing that up. Whew...... Until the next time, happy crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment